Position: Control Room Team Leader
Salary: £32,000 per annum (including shift allowance)
Shift pattern: Varied, on a rota
Integrate Engineering Resources are currently recruiting for a Control Room Team Leader on behalf of our client, to work on a major power station near Nottingham. The role will be part of a key team with the operations and maintenance dept and duties will include:
• Deploying & supervising a shift team effectively
• Monitoring and controlling coal routes to bunkers and conveyor routes for limestone and PFA systems.
• Maintaining a coal /pond fines mix ratio to the client’s specification.
• Recording all details of shift events and plant checks in the shift log.
• Ensuring that all tasks and requirements are effectively communicated to all parties including the Coal stocking supervisor and Lead MFO’s so effective deployment can take place.
• Communicating the station fuelling requirements to the coal plant supervisors at the start and end of shifts.
• Monitoring and controlling conveyor belt systems and rail deliveries.
• Monitoring and controlling conveyors and operations within the Limestone stores, FGD operations.
• Transferring dust between silos and monitoring dust silo levels.
• Reporting & recording any plant defects to the appropriate departments through the sites reporting systems.
• Communicating with the bunker man to control and monitor levels in the bunkers.
• Carrying out safety Inspections of operational working areas & complete appropriate reports.
• Carrying out safety talks / briefings effectively with the shift team.
• IOSH managing safety
• Understanding of the material handling systems
• Coal plant control room training an advantage
• Good understanding / knowledge of Plant
• Clear and consistent communication
• Attention to detail
• Positive attitude to safety with the confidence to challenge unsafe working