Position: Operations Shift Supervisor
Location: Selby, North Yorkshire
Rate of Pay: £37,000 per annum
Hours: 42 hrs/week
Shifts: 24/7 shift pattern
Start date: Immediate
Due to an increase in workload, our client is currently recruiting for an Operations Shift Supervisor to be based from Drax power station, Selby. The role will involve responsibility for the day to day performance of the power station operations on site, assist site management in the delivery of contracts, goals and site requirements and accountability for the management of SHEQ for the operational team. Duties will include:
• Responsibility for assisting the site management team in controlling all operational activities on site and achievement of goals
• Ensuring all costs under direct management are controlled in accordance with agreed ceiling costs at all times.
• Ensuring that the relevant contractual Operational requirements and KPI’s are fully met.
• Promoting effective communication interfaces with the client, their representatives, Maintenance, Administration and HQ teams.
• Instructing employees and site personnel where applicable of their duties and responsibilities.
• Ensuring full accountability of the Operational teams under his supervision.
• Promoting at all times improvement, innovation, savings and added value within the contract.
• Developing maximum team flexibility so we can respond to our clients varying business conditions.
• Identifying and develop the people in the team through training, personal accountability and appraisals.
• Deputising for the Operations Supervisor in their absence.
• Ensuring that all necessary statutory and local procedures and controls are in place, through effective inspection, monitoring and auditing processes
• Supporting the management team to ensure that all planned operations are supervised to ensure the safety of employees and plant
• Ensuring that accident, incident and near miss investigation and reporting procedures are implemented
• Ensuring the planning and co-ordinating of all associated maintenance tasks on the plant
• Reporting any variances to normal operating procedures to the Operations Supervisors and maintaining all key reports
• IOSH Managing Safety or equivalent
• Supervisory qualification or relevant supervisory experience.
• Team player with the ability to work independently and on own initiative
• Good communication skills, both with colleagues, other contractors and clients
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines safely
• Strong decision making and influencing skills.
• Competent in IT skills.
• Practical, creative and analytical.
• Demonstrable background in maintenance and engineering systems would be an advantage.
• Flexible approach to work
• Approach work positively with a can-do attitude
• Act on own initiative without being prompted
• Seeing all work through to completion
• Is self-motivated to identify improvements within our work area and takes action to implement these successfully
• Support improvements in own areas
• Safety Rules PFW acceptor trained
• Risk assessment training
• Manual handling training
• COSHH awareness training
Integrate Engineering Resources Ltd provides a dedicated recruitment service to the Engineering Construction and Maintenance sectors. Our specialist recruitment activities range across all areas and include the appointment of all levels of professional into the Water Treatment, CHP, Anaerobic Digestion, Combined Cycle Gas Turbine, Coal, Nuclear, Biomass, Energy from Waste and Wind industries throughout the UK and worldwide